Shipping & Returns
- Ordering (0-1 week)
After we have received your order and payment, we will check our inventories. If we have your order in-stock, we will ship your order immediately (read shipping regulation). If your order is not in-stock, your order will be sent to our overseas production facilities.
- Production (6-8 weeks)
The production process begins after examining the order in our factory. Our quality control managers follow all steps to ensure that the product is made to your specifications and that they meet our strict quality requirements.
- Shipping (1-3 weeks)
After the product is presented and approved by our quality control managers, the custom order is then loaded into a container and will set sail to the united states of america and canada.
- Final inspection (1-2 weeks)
When the container with the product you have ordered will arrive in north america, your product will be re-examined by our quality inspectors. When approved it will immediately be processed and made ready for transport.
Shipping & delivery
- we are associated with ups to ship our products to our customers. We offer very competitive shipping rates within canada and us.
- all orders are packed and shipped on monday to friday between 10.00 am to 5.00 pm (est).
- we will ship the order according to the delivery method you have chosen and to the address indicated in the order confirmation.
- delivery time provided by modern living is estimates only.
- we will ship all the orders within three business days of purchase – unless specified with confirmation by our team. Delivery estimates are good faith estimates only. Modern living will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense related to any delay in shipment or delivery. We cannot ship to post office boxes.
- orders that are placed on weekends and select holidays will be processed during the next business day.
- orders placed after 3:00 pm (est) will be processed the following business day.
- free pickup: you may be able to pickup your orders in our warehouse, which is located in woodbridge, ontario l4l 3t1, canada. You are required to consult and book appointment to collect your order.
- your order will be processed upon receipt of credit card verification and authorization.
- all orders will be shipped in corrugated boxes.
We apologize for any inconvenience that may cause - should you have any queries, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returns & replacements
While we hope you will be happy with your modern living items, we understand you may need to return them regarding specific issues you have.
- any claims for defective or damaged items must be filed and returned for refund or exchang within 7 (seven) days of received products, along with proof of payment or any online receipt. Please inspect your items immediately upon delivery. Claims received after 14 days of delivery will not and cannot be processed.
- returns should be properly packed and sent in the original packaging.
- the amount of shipping cost that has been paid to send the initial shipment will not be refunded and returns on shipped orders will incur return shipping costs.
- modern living will not cover the returned shipping cost from your location to our location (woodbridge, ontario, canada).
- any exchanges may apply the additional payment for the shipping cost from modern living to your location.
- returns must be pre-authorized and approved by modern living team.
- custom orders, special price, final sale and promotions, lighting and polycarbonate items are not refundable, returnable, nor exchangeable.
- we will not accept any return or exchange if you have had your items assembled and rubbish removed.
- provided the above conditions are met, we will issue your refund within maximum 5 (five) days business days of receiving your returned item(s). We will refund your money in the same way you paid for your order.
- at any time, modern living reserves the right to refuse a return or exchange, as well as reimbursement on shipping and handling charges.
- please contact us for the return address and make sure to include your customer order details with the package.
Orders cancelled after 24 hours may be subject to a minimum of 25% or maximum of 50% cancellation and restocking fee in addition to any shipping charges incurred.
Modern living reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit quantities, terminate accounts and to refuse or cancel any order, including after the order has been submitted, whether or not the order has been confirmed or accepted and your credit card charged. In the event that your order is cancelled after your payment has been processed, we will issue a full refund.
- this warranty covers manufacturing defects in modern living furniture.
- this warranty starts from the date of delivery and entitled for 6 (six) months.
- the term "defect" as it is used in this warranty is defined as a flaw or deficiency that may affect the use for which the product is intended.
- warranties are based on normal household use from date of purchase. This warranty applies only under standard household conditions for use and does not cover defects caused as a result of neglect, deliberate damage, abuse, personal alterations, accidents, and direct exposure to sunlight or heat.
- this warranty will not cover marble, paint, leather, fabric, fiber glass, foams, plywood, veneers, and coating materials. Our products, that are not explicitly specified suitable for outdoor use, are not covered for damage or defect from outdoor use. Any problem that is caused by other abuse, misuse or an act of natural disasters (for instance flood, earthquake, and so on) is neither covered. Consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Coverage is terminated if you sell or otherwise transfer the item(s) to the third party.
- in order to be eligible for service under this warranty, you must complete the claim process. It will include a full documentation of the claim through pictures and/or videos as the evidence.
- terms are applied for specific materials as below:
Wood: wood furniture will have natural variation in grain and color as well as inherent characteristics such as mineral streaks, pitch pockets, striping, and insect markings. These are not considered quality defects. Slight variations in appearance may result from normal expansion and contraction of wood as it responds to climatic changes in the home.
Glass: minor scratches, small air bubbles, surface waviness, or lightly pitted areas occur naturally during glass manufacturing. These are not considered quality defects.
Fabric: natural variations occur during fabric manufacturing. They are not considered quality defects.
Leather: leather has natural wrinkles, marks, and scars. Variations in color and texture are genuine and natural features of leather.
Marble: natural stone is a product of nature and hence variation in color, pattern, texture, and thickness are inherent over and above the specifications. Due to limitations in photography and on-screen reproduction, actual products and photographs may differ. Photographs and samples are only intended to represent the general characteristics of color and texture of the natural product. The marble tables we carry are polished and sealed, however the sealer does wear down over time depending on how often the table is used. Customers may choose to reseal to prolong the lifespan of the surface.
If you have any questions about our warranty, feel free to email us at email@example.com.